Listen in your podcast player
What's in this episode?
In Episode 26 of Apple Slice Podcast, Simon and Nic yearn for the exclusively tasty NikeLab Apple Watch - like an Oreo but wearable!
We also sift through the sea of 'iPhone 8' rumours and solidify some near-certain details to tide us over until the next WWDC. Speaking of which, some new info regarding the long-awaited Siri Speaker / Apple Hub / pick a new name.
Apple's enviro guru, Lisa Jackson, reveals the inner workings of some truly epic goals towards a 100% renewable future - an interview definitely worth a listen. A new visual direction also takes place for Earth Day, see it for yourself.
Exclusives screech to a halt with an unexpected delay on Carpool Karaoke - although a new Musical.ly-driven acceleration arises. Oh and Apple's autonomous vehicular efforts actually exist (insert some form of car-related pun here).
- 00:00:05 - What happened at a chocolatier?
- 00:02:30 - Exclusive NikeLab Apple Watch - Overview
- 00:07:10 - What is almost certain for ‘iPhone 8’
- 00:11:45 - Wireless charging possibilities
- 00:16:00 - Siri Speaker debut for WWDC?
Core Focus / Appleverts
- 00:28:15 - Lisa Jackson on Apple’s environmental goals (John Gruber interview here)
- 00:39:30 - Animated Earth Day adverts
- 00:48:00 - Carpool Karaoke delayed
- 00:49:10 - Musical.ly partnership with Apple Music
- 00:50:30 - Apple’s self-driving car tests
- 00:54:00 - iWork, Garageband and iMovie free for all