Listen in your podcast player
What's in this episode?
With the next iPhone release less than 2 months away, we have a solid idea of how it will look… except for Touch ID. Recent rumours from often-reliable analysts have warranted serious discussion definitely worth a listen. We also explore the idea of a ‘mirror’ finish colour option and wireless charging accessory for this highly-anticipated top-tier iPhone.
Apple’s marketing guru talks to The Australian Business Review on the positive response to ARKit, while others join the all-important WebVR community. Alpine have also finally released the first wireless CarPlay receiver - fingers crossed for an Aussie launch soon.
Plus, Nic gives his feedback on Google Home after 2 months of using this ambient tech offering. Oh, and how about waking your Mac just by being present?
- 00:01:40 - Tesla powers South Australia
- 00:03:05 - Something is coming…
- 00:07:00 - Alpine wireless CarPlay receiver - Overview
- 00:11:40 - Google Home 2 months on - Impressions
- 00:18:30 - Wireless charging accessory delay
- 00:22:30 - Mirror finish for iPhone 8?
- 00:29:50 - Apple Marketing Chief on ARKit response
The Water Cooler
- 00:37:50 - What’s happening with Touch ID for iPhone 8?
Pick A Patent
- 00:47:50 - Auto-wake presence sensing for Mac
- 00:54:30 - Apple join the WebVR community